Monday, February 11, 2013

Reflections on a rainy, Monday morning....

Good morning everyone!  It's a rainy, Monday morning at my house.  I just love rainy days!  As I was sitting at the kitchen table this morning, having a cup of coffee and thinking about about how my day needed to go, I noticed a stately, majestic looking hawk sitting on my mailbox.  I immediately reached for my camera and went out in the rain to try and snap a picture.  Even though I was so careful, he looked at me, gracefully flapped his wings and flew on to his next destination.  Needless to say, no picture, but it made me think about how many times that beautiful bird has come to my house to sit on my mailbox and I never noticed.  As the hawk flew away, my attention was caught by two male cardinals frantically vying for the attention of a female cardinal.  Bless her heart, everywhere she went, they went.  She seemed exhausted trying to find a branch in a tree to be alone and have a little peace.  I can totally relate with this sweet little bird.  Most likely she will soon be laying her eggs and perhaps she is out looking for a safe, dry place to make her nest.  Standing on the porch, watching, and listening I am amazed at the beauty of the sights and sounds all around me.  The rain falling, the birds tweeting, and the frogs even joining in. Over the last 14 months, I have suffered though some real life struggles.  This past Thursday, once again I found myself faced with yet another hurdle.  A verse just came to me as I'm writing....Psalms 46:10 "Be still, and KNOW that I am God" .  I fell like the Lord led me to the beauty of His creation to tell me to stop worrying and see that He has done and to watch Him accomplish a work in me which none BUT He can do.  I hope these words will be an encouragement to you today and if you, like me, are carrying a burden, I pray that you will take it to the Lord and let Him work it out.
Have a happy Monday!
Sabrina

No comments:

Post a Comment