Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Recipes From The Shoe Department

My mama worked in the shoe department at Brody's for 20 years.  If you are from "around here" you know that Brody's was an iconic department store in Greenville for many years.  It was the place to go for the well dressed woman, teenage girl, and little tots as well.  The ladies in the shoe department were a close group who debated the world topics of the time, stayed abreast of current fashion trends, raised their families, but most importantly, shared their recipes!  I will be sharing more about these FABULOUS ladies,  but for today I want to share one of my favorite recipes that became a tradition in our house thanks to Margie.  I am 42 years old and I still have no idea who " Margie" is,  but this recipe came to my mama through the ladies of the shoe department.  This recipe is called Margie's Cookie and I promise after 1 bite you will be hooked!  Please let me know if you give them a try and how you liked them!  Hope ya'll have a great day and you'll be hearing more about our ladies!

Margie's Cookies

For this recipe you will need the following:

  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup light brown sugar
  • 3 cups flour
  • 1 cup butter-flavored Crisco
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 Tbs vanilla
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 cup pecans

Cream the sugars and butter together, add eggs. When you have these mixed together, add your other ingredients.  Roll this mixture into cookie roll, wrap in waxed paper, followed by foil, and then freeze.  It is much easier to cut the rolls into individual cookies to bake if it is firm.  When you get ready to bake, set oven to 350 degrees on put cookies on a greased cookie sheet.  Keep a close eye on them, I usually bake for about 30 minutes or so.  I promise they will melt in your mouth!

No comments:

Post a Comment